As an employer, what are the 5 things you need to know about auto-enrolment?
1. Any of your charity’s employees that are aged between 22 to state pension age, work in the UK and earn more than £10,000 a year must be included in your charity’s auto-enrolment scheme
2. Your employees will have the chance to opt out or leave the scheme if they want to but, as their employer, you can’t persuade or encourage them to do so
3. You need to make sure both the minimum percentage of your employees‘ earnings and your additional contribution are paid into the scheme
4. The minimum you need to contribute as an employer is 1% of your employees’ earnings but this will rise to 2% in 2017 and then to 3% in 2018
5. The current legislation allows you to postpone the automatic enrolment of any of your employees into your new scheme by up to 3 months
As all of this is probably very new to you, remember we are here to help. If you have any questions about auto-enrolment or on how it will impact on your HR or payroll please contact
Alliotts not only have the necessary accounting knowledge, we also have a long and successful record of working with charities ranging from local concerns to national names and have in-house experts in pensions, HR and payroll who are experienced in advising the charity sector.
If you have any questions regarding any aspect of auto-enrolment please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on +44(0)1483 533119 or +44 (0)20 7240 9971 to discuss your situation in complete confidence.